Tuesday 16 October 2012

And the animals went in two by two


I wasn't sure which blog category these should come under.
Art, general life, or Post-mat.
I opted for the last as I think they are just such a perfect example of odd wool usage; also they would survive any form of apocalypse and still be around in the true age of Post-Mat.
A lovely friend brought them round knowing I would wish to photograph, and immortalise them on a blog. She was given them by an elderly lady, whose life mission is to knit. Hot water bottle covers, bed throws, baby clothes and slippers . . .this pair are called Fifi and Mitzi and were, in some previous life,  poodles, skipping on jewelled leads on the Champs Élysées.

1 comment:

  1. Very grand looking slippers...my husband's grandmother made them for everyone for Christmas and the tradition continues. My neighbor, a young post-materialist guy, is crocheting gifts right now for upcoming holiday gifts.

    ReplyDelete